SWITZERLAND A decorative eighteenth-century weight-driven iron wall clock, made c. 1760. The case is made of iron with doors on both sides to access the movement. It is surmounted by two bells. The front is covered by a shaped polychrome iron dial, with a faded white Roman and Arabic chapter ring, surrounded by original painted (retouched) scroll and acanthus-leaf decorations and a painted rural scene in the centre. The iron and brass hands have shaped tops. The 24-hour duration, two-train movement is of a birdcage type. The going train has anchor escapement and seconds pendulum, while the striking train with count wheel indicates the quarters and hours on bells of different pitch.